Symantec raises prices for SSL certificates in Japanese Market
Symantec™ announced on the 18th of December 2014 that it will enforce a new price list for SSL certificates in Japan from 15th January 2015.
As a result of that, Symantec™, the world’s largest Certificate Authority (CA), has mandated a price hike for all SSL certificates sold in Japan. Symantec™ advised that the reason behind this action was to align all partner pricing and encourage and reward in-market focus, investment, and support for all Symantec™, Thawte™, GeoTrust™ and RapidSSL™ branded SSL and Code Signing Certificates sold to Japan.
This new pricing adjustment will be applied to -
- all certificates sold to companies who are located in Japan, host their website or domain in Japan, or has a .JP extension.
- Any partners who retain their SSL certificate business in Japan.
- Any customer who wants to buy or renew an SSL certificate in Japan.
- Any domain name or website hosted in Japan.
- Issuance of a certificate which holds the domain extension of Japan such as .JP
For the above mentioned reason we are very sorry to inform that RVSSL won’t be selling any certificates in Japanese market in order to keep the internal business flow smooth. At any point, if Symantec™ implement any better pricing then we will be ready to make Resellers from Japan also we will be more than happy to sell all SSL certs in Japanese market.
For any pricing inquiry please do contact us at email@example.com